When we started this project, we were told that it would be 6 – 8 months depending on the rain. We’ve lucked out (sorry farmers) and have had little to no rain this season. Since we’ve had no down days, I’ll go with the 6 months. Here is a quick progression of pictures once per month. We are 4 months into the project.
Pre-Demolition – Seems like so long ago.
After 1 month – Most of the house is gone. New foundation is poured. Neighbor is doing her best Margaret Hamilton (jk).
After 2 months – Flooring is in as are hardy planks. Garage is framed and up.
After 3 Months – Most noticeable difference this project has seen. Roof is on. House is framed.
After 4 Months – Siding and roof are on, windows are in. We could squat here if we had too.
Hopefully, fingers crossed, we are at the 2/3 mark. No commitments, but we still seem way ahead of the game at this point. We’ve are running out of things to pick out. The damn range hood is still driving me nuts. I haven’t talked about it yet because we still haven’t figured it out. It will be the thing that I point to in 10 years and be reminded how much time we spent discussing what to do with our exhaust vents. The dryer has the same issue.